Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Book kiosks in the Plaza Mayor Salamanca

by Robert Bovington on Saturday, 12 November 2011 at 16:26

The Plaza Mayor in Salamanca is considered to be the most beautiful square in Spain so imagine my disappointment when, on my recent visit to the 'Ciudad Dorada', I wasn't able to obtain the photographs I would have liked because the square was filled with bookstalls.


Plaza Mayor
Many of the kiosks had an impressive array of books - antiquairian to modern.
A book stall in the Plaza Mayor
What did surprise me was that on one stall was a collection of 'William books' - not recently issued copies but old ones just like the ones I used to read as a child only these were in Spanish. I was almost tempted to purchase some but my Spanish is not yet up to reading a complete book - not even a children's one!
Old William & Enid Blyton books on a bookstall in the Plaza Mayor

I did get some reasonable photos of the plaza - below are some of them.
Plaza Mayor
Plaza Mayor

Plaza Mayor


No comments:

Post a Comment